Early Learning – Year 13
ACG Sunderland has a reputation for developing a strong sense of belonging in students and staff and offering close individual attention to students supported by excellent pastoral care.
A high-achieving and close-knit school community
Providing a continuous educational pathway from preschool to Year 13, ACG Sunderland’s academic programme is supported by a diverse range of sporting and cultural opportunities.
Exceptional learning with strong values
We deliver outstanding education and development opportunities in the classroom and beyond, and our strong pastoral care ensures all students are supported and nurtured.
Some of the ways we ensure this support:
- Allocating a buddy to all new Primary students
- Encouraging interaction across age levels through vertical form classes.
- Providing a dedicated dean for international students
- A caring and supportive environment with mentoring at all year levels
- Our tutor system means each ACG Sunderland student has an allocated tutor
- Providing before-school and after-school care for children of all ages
ACG Sunderland is the top academic school in Auckland West.
We warmly welcome international students
Welcoming international students into our school contributes to a high level of diversity in our student body and enriches the education of both domestic and international students.
- International deans dedicated to the wellbeing of international students
- English language learner (ELL) support
A word from the principal
“At ACG Sunderland we have dedicated staff ready to assist international students with their transition to study in New Zealand. Students are all mainstreamed into academic classes with integrated ESOL classes. Many of our international students have had wonderful successes at ACG Sunderland and I personally welcome your application.”
Nathan Villars, Principal